By Henriette Cubilier
- 2 eggplants
- 2 tomatoes
- 2.5 cups of mozzarella
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt, pepper (a pepper jack)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut the eggplants in half and wrap in aluminum foil. Cook in moderate oven 375 ° F for 30 minutes. Drop the tomatoes into boiling water for 40 seconds, peel, core and dice.
Arrange the eggplant in a baking dish, and stuff with diced tomatoes, salt and pepper, then cover with mozzarella slices and anchovy fillets.
Add oregano and bake at 480 ° F for 7 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted and golden. Serve immediately.
For wine, I recommend a chilled Cotes de Provence.
You'll also love
- Chili That Doubles as Spaghetti... 4.1/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken Francinette 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Fried Mozzarella Balls 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Stuffed Apricots 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
- vegetarian stuffed mushroom 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Mushroom, Tomato, and Mozzarella... 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Herbed Grilled Chicken Marinade 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Deep Dish Pizza 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!