Vegetarian eggplant, my way
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- grated cheese (gruyere
- swiss or cheese of your choice)
- olive oil
- 5 pepper corns
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Cut the eggplant in half, keeping the tail. With a knife, hollow out the eggplant. Keep the flesh, and cut it into cubes. Cook the hollowed out eggplant at 350 ° F for 15 minutes ..
Chop the onion. Brown in a skillet with olive oil. When it becomes translucent, add the diced eggplant.
Cut the zucchini and bell pepper into cubes. Then add the diced vegetables to the skillet.
When well browned, add the diced tomato.
Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Then uncover for 10 minutes.
Salt and pepper.
Fill the eggplants with this mixture. Top with cheese and place in oven to grill at 450 ° F for 15 minutes
You'll also love
- Cloud Eggs 4.8/5 (24 Votes)
- Taco Pie 4.1/5 (59 Votes)
- Australian Salad 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Vegetarian Broccoli Salad with... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Vegetarian Lasagna 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- vegetarian stuffed mushroom 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Vegan Club Sandwich 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Easy 5 Ingredient Salad Dressing 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!