How to make edible potato pebbles like a chef!
Think these little beauties are stones? Wrong - they're actually potatoes!
Pebble potatoes in a seaweed crust
Ok, so what exactly are we talking about here? Eating stones?
This step-by-step recipe is for potatoes that are cooked in a seaweed crust. The cool thing about them is that they look exactly like grey stones or pebbles!
Inspired by Chef Alexandre Couillon, these potatoes are sure to wow even the most demanding dinner guests! Not only are they beautiful to look at but they also contain zero fat, making them an elegant and luxurious diet food. Want to find out how to make them? Read on...
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!