- 1) 1 small green cabbage - few outer layers removed (washed and cut into thin slices)
- 2) Frozen peas - 1 cup
- 3) 2 tomatoes cut into small pieces (or 1/2 can tomato)
- 4) ginger paste 1 tbsp
- 5)Bay leaf 2 small leaves
- 6)Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- 7)Cumin powder 2 tsp
- 8)Coriander powder 1 tsp
- 9)Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- 10)Garam masala 1 tsp
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1) Boil the cut up cabbage in pressure cooker with 2 cups of water, salt and turmeric for 1 whistles.
2)Add oil in pan, add bay leaf, cumin seeds, let it sizzle in oil for few seconds.Add ginger paste, and mix till raw flavor goes away 1-2 minutes.Add tomatoes,cook till soft and mushy 3-4 minutes.
3)Add cumin powder, corianderpowder, turmeric, green chillies (approx 2 cut into small pieces- optiona)l.Add salt, little sugar( a pinch). Saute. Now add the frozen green peas, followed by thedrained boiled cabbage.Mix well.Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.Add garam masala powder and 1 tsp ghee before switching off the stove.
You'll also love
- Turnip ka bharta ( Seasoned mashed... 2.8/5 (22 Votes)
- Grandma Jensens Spaghetti 3.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Apple and Cranberries Glazed Pork... 3/5 (7 Votes)
- "Beef" Stroganoff 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Acapulco Chick'n 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Red tamarind chutney for chaat -... 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- VEGETABLE SAMOSAS 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Cabbage Roll Casserole 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture