Dosai made with Red kidney beans, rice and spices
- Rajma - 1 cup
- Rice - 1/4 cup (or a hand ful)
- Salt - as per taste
- oil- as required to prepare dosai
- To Temper:
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 a tea spoon
- Urad daal - 1/2 a tea spoon
- Jeera/ Cumin seeds - 1 tea spoon
- Perungayam / hing - 2 pinches
- red chilies - 2
- curry leaves - a few
- Oil - 1 tea spoon (to temper only)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
1. Soak Rajma and rice separately for overnight or for 8-10 hours.
2. Drain water and rinse it once with cold water.
3. In a blender / mixer grind Rajma and rice together. Add water as required.
4. Keep batter in dosa batter consistency.
5. Temper the batter with the listed items.
6. Heat the dosa pan and pour a spoonful of batter and spread to a thin crepe.
7. Cook well on both sides
8. Serve with your favorite chutney.
1. It is must to cook well on both the sides, until they become golden brown and crispy. (approx takes 2-3 mins on each side, depends on the dosai thickness)
2. You can add chopped onions and chilies to get more flavored dosai.
3. For whole grain dosai, If it is not cooked properly, you will get indigestion.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1434 Votes)
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.9/5 (416 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (207 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.9/5 (257 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.4/5 (170 Votes)
- Spicy Scallop with Cilantro Pistou... 3.2/5 (145 Votes)
- Shredded Chicken Green Chile... 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Kidney Bean Tacos 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!