Authentic dosa recipes - 5 recipes
Dosas are one of my absolute favorite Indian snack foods. The recipe for dosas is so simple, and you can fill it with almost anything that you feel like. Think of it as an Indian pancake or crepe, but one that you would eat for lunch. The first time I had dosas in India, I was so impressed by the sheer size of them; they're usually more than a foot in length, and made of paper thin dough that is soft yet crispy at the same time, making dosas a master example of food engineering! My favorite is the masala dosa, which is a classic dosa filled with a spiced potato mixture. Dosas are usually served with a little bowl of lentils and several types of sambar, a type of spicy South-Indian dip made with grated coconut and green chilies. Accompany it with a cup of hot, spiced Indian chai tea for a snack match made in heaven!
If you like this, you'll definitely like: chutney
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.
Top rated Dosa recipes
Besan Puda (Gram Flour Dosa)
Besan Puda is a tasty dish for breakfast or a light lunch
- 1 cup Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1/4 cup Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon chopped Green Chilies
- 1 cup shredded Zucchini (Italian Squash)
- 1 tablespoon chopped Cilantro
- 6 tablespoons of Oil
The spiral vegetable tart you need to make right now
By Pascale Weeks
Or maybe your NEXT weekend project?
Heat pan till sprinkled water makes a sound
- Dosa batter
- oil or ghee
- 1. onion and milagai podi
- 2. boiled potatoes, onion and green chillies sauteed in oil.
10 ways to eat asparagus all year long
By Elena Salvadore
Here are 10 ways to make the most of asparagus all year long!
- 1 cup quinoa (wash thoroughly and soak for 5 to 6 hours and drain water)
- 1/2 cup water for grinding
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 2 to 3 green chillies
- ½ cup chopped cilantro or coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 tablespoon oil
- Iron or any skillet to make Dosa
By Tanyadesigan, Easy and Simple Foods
Dosai made with Red kidney beans, rice and spices
- Rajma - 1 cup
- Rice - 1/4 cup (or a hand ful)
- Salt - as per taste
- oil- as required to prepare dosai
- To Temper:
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 a tea spoon
- Urad daal - 1/2 a tea spoon
- Jeera/ Cumin seeds - 1 tea spoon
- Perungayam / hing - 2 pinches
- red chilies - 2
- curry leaves - a few
- Oil - 1 tea spoon (to temper only)
50 amazing ways to eat onions
Onions are unsung heroes of the kitchen but they deserve a turn in the spotlight, too. Here are 50 amazing recipes that put them front and center.
Grind dal and fenugreek seeds in grinder
- Raw rice- 2 cups
- Parboiled rice- 2 cups
- urad dal- 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds- 1 tablespoon
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!