50 amazing ways to eat onions
Onions are unsung heroes of the kitchen but they deserve a turn in the spotlight, too. Here are 50 recipes that put them front and center.
© Simply Recipes
Crispy, fried onion rings are the quintessential way to enjoy this versatile vegetable. Coated in a seasoned buttermilk batter then fried in a heavy Dutch oven, this recipe is a great introduction to deep frying at home.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.