50 amazing ways to eat onions
© The Pioneer Woman
French Onion Soup
Classic French onion soup requires just a few ingredients but a lot of time. Luckily, most of it is hands-off, as the onions slowly caramelize in butter over the course of a couple of hours, then soak up the wine and broth with little help needed. Top it all off with slices of toasted French bread smothered in gruyere.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.