Octopus Rougail (Octopus in tomato sauce)
- 2 1/4 lbs of octopus
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of ginger powder
- Thyme (fresh or not)
- Chopped parsley
- 5 or 6 large tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- 2 peppers (optional)
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Wash the octopus well and cut into small pieces.
Sweat the onions and brown in oil, then add the squid, garlic, ginger, thyme and parsley (the equivalent of a handful for the parsley and thyme). Add salt and pepper, stir and cook about 15 minutes, remembering to stir.
Then add 2 cups water, cover and let the octopus become tender.
When the octopus is tender, add the tomatoes (cut in advance), and peppers if desired. Add the tablespoon of tomato paste. Simmer and review the seasoning (salt, pepper, thyme). Mix well and allow the sauce to thicken.
When the sauce has a medium consistency, remove from heat. Sprinkle with cilantro (washed and chopped) to taste. Serve with rice
You'll also love
- Moroccan Lamb Kebabs 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Pomme Mousseline 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Mackerel with Lemon Cream Sauce 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Chicken Sausage, Pepper and Onion... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Land and Sea Soufflé 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Quick Low-Fat Chicken in... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Flavour Infused Cream Cheese... 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Crab Curry with Kaffir Lime 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ginger is a delicious spice, but it can be hard to peel it without wasting. In this video we show you a quick trick to peel ginger like a pro, minus the waste!