- Soup Stock:
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic (minced)
- 2 10 3/4 oz cans condensed beef broth
- 2 soup cans Water
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 3 T Tomato Paste
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Raw Rice
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 3/4 t crushed Dried Mint
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1/4 t Pepper
- 2 T Fresh Parsley for Garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat oil in 3 qt saucepan. Add onion and garlic and cook until limp. Add beef broth, water, wine and tomato paste. Bring mixture to boil while making meatballs.
Combine all meatball ingredients, mixing well with hands. Roll into small meatballs, using rounded teaspoon of meat mixture for each one.
Drop meatballs a few at a time into boiling stock. Cover saucepan and reduce heat to low. Cook for 20-25 min. or until rice in the meatballs is completely cooked. Garnish with parsley.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.