30 Soups to Keep You Cool This Summer
As temperatures rise, the word "soup" doesn't need to make you break into a sweat. Let these 30 deliciously chill soups keep you cool.
© The Pioneer Woman
Gazpacho is the ultimate summer soup: it's cold, extremely flavorful, and makes good use of the abundance of produce available this time of year. This recipe is a great starting point and can be easily customized: amp up the spice, top it with your choice of grilled protein, or toss in whatever summer vegetables you have in the fridge or garden!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!