Split Pea and Potato Soup
- 1 lb bag of split peas
- washed and drained
- 4 medium potatoes
- peeled and cubed
- 8 C Beef broth
- 2/3 C onion
- 6 Tbls Olive Oil
- 6 Tbls Butter
- 1 Tbls salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Boil Peas and Potatoes at moderate heat in half of the broth until quite tender. Puree the peas and potatoes with the liquid and return to pot. Put onion in small skillet with oil and butter and saute until golden. Combine all ingredients together and bring to a moderate boil. Serve with fresh grated parmesan cheese to taste.
You'll also love
- Family Favorite Fettucini 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Super Simple Meatloaf Recipe 4.2/5 (8 Votes)
- Clam Chowder 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- My Simple Scalloped Potatoes 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Parmesan Crackers 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Corn Meal Dumplings with Ham Hocks 4/5 (20 Votes)
- Russian Deviled Eggs with Caviar 3.9/5 (29 Votes)
- Cheesy tots 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!