Our favorite vegetarian potato soup recipes - 11 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: potato chowder
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Vegetarian potato soup recipes
Leek and Potato Soup without Cream
Directions GETTING READY 1
- Leeks 1 Pound (4 large)
- Potatoes 4 Medium
- Olive oil 2 Tablespoon
- Vegetable stock powder 2 Tablespoon
- Water 1 Liter
- Bay leaf 4 Medium
- Garlic cloves 2 Large
- Salt 1 Teaspoon (or to taste)
- Cracked black pepper 1 2 Teaspoon (or to taste)
- Read more at http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/leek-and-potato-soup-without-cream#kucLeby0C9UUxmDO.99
8 culinary disasters and how to effortlessly solve them
By Pascale Weeks
Have no fear, our 8 solutions are here for your worst culinary disasters!
Split Pea and Potato Soup
Boil Peas and Potatoes at moderate heat in half of the broth until quite tender
- 1 lb bag of split peas, washed and drained
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 C Beef broth
- 2/3 C onion, diced
- 6 Tbls Olive Oil
- 6 Tbls Butter
- 1 Tbls salt
10 game-changing soups that will help you transition to Spring
By Elena Salvadore
Tired of eating the same old soup? It's time to change things up with these 10 exciting soup ideas!
Creamed Winter Squash and Potato Soup with Cabbage
This is a very hearty soup that was developed from a simple potato soup recipe my mom used to make
- 2 tablespoons olive or walnut oil
- 1 large coarse chopped red onion
- 1 large coarse chopped white onion
- 6 cloves fine chopped garlic
- 6 stalks coarse chopped celery
- 1 coarse chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 coarse chopped green bell pepper
- 1 coarse chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fine chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup coarse chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4 pounds cubed Idaho or Yukon gold potatoes
- 4 pounds cubed winter squash
- 1 pound cubed turnips
- 2 quarts homemade or canned vegetable stock
- 1 quart heavy cream or half and half
- 1 1/2 cups frozen kernels
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 4 pounds fine shredded cabbage
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Sweet Potato Soup with Yogurt and Feta
Saute onion, chili powder and garlic in a frying pan
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 3/4 c. plain yogurt
- 1/4 c. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 8 c. vegetable broth
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish
45 comfort foods to satisfy your cravings
Some days you eat salad and do all your sit-ups. TODAY isn't one of them.
Potato and Leek Soup with Spinach
start by dicing onions leeks some garlic saute in oil until tender
- 3 potatoes
- black pepper
Easy, Creamy Potato Soup
This delicious soup is perfect on a chilly night
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 and 1/3 cups instant potatoes dry
Cream of Potato Soup
Have a can of Cream of potato soup
- 1 can of cream of potato and 1 cup of milk and 1 can of veggies like corn or green beans
Pop Pop Bird's Potato Soup
For pop pops childhood
- 7 medium potatoes peeled and cubed into bite size
- s & p
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery chopped fine
- 4 hard boiled eggs chopped fine
- 1 can of evaporated milk
Classic Creamy Potato Soup
heat 1 1/2 cups water to boiling in a 3 quart sauce pan
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 5 medium potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 medium stalk celery finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tps pepper
- 2 green onions finely chopped
My Favorite Potato Soup
Boil milk in a pot Peel some potatoes