Easy, Creamy Potato Soup
This delicious soup is perfect on a chilly night.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons onion
- finely chopped
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 and 1/3 cups instant potatoes dry
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Saute onion in butter. Add seasonings, milk, and beef broth. heat to scalding, but do not boil. Stir in instant potatoes, stirring until smooth. Soup should be consistancy of heavy cream.
Garnish each serving with paprika, if desired.
You'll also love
- 3-Ingredient Coconut Balls 4.2/5 (339 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (355 Votes)
- Classic French Ratatouille with... 4.1/5 (240 Votes)
- Ya-Ka-Mein 4.1/5 (97 Votes)
- Creamy Vanilla Cheesecake 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Leek & Potato Soup 3.8/5 (51 Votes)
- Baked Potato Soup 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Creamy Eggs 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.