Creamy Vegetarian Potato Soup
This is a hearty soup similar to a clam chowder without the seafood.
- 8 cups boiling water
- 2 tbsp vegetable bullion
- 3 potatoes
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp Braggs Aminos or soy sauce
- 2 cups soymilk
- 1/2 cup vegan whipping cream
- 3 tbsp cornstarch in 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 white wine
- Vegan simulated bacon bits
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 420mins
Cost Average budget
Caramelize onion and garlic.
Fry potatoes until 10 minutes.
Combine all ingredients up to soymilk. Cook in a crockpot for 5-7 hours.
Add milks, cornstarch, and wine. Cook 1 hour.
Serve soup with bacon bits and homemade bread.
Do not puree this soup!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!