Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 2 cups diced turnip
- 2 cups diced carrot
- I/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 8 cups beef stock
- 1 1/4 ounce can whole tomatoes
- 1 1/4 ounce can crushed. tomatoes
- 1 1/4 ounce can red kidney beans
- 1 small can corn niblets
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Sauté turnips, carrots and 2 onions in butter until soft. In a saucepan, combine the lentils and beef stock and cook about 30 minutes, until lentils are soft. In a large stockpot, combine the sautéed vegetables and beefy stock mixture. Add the ingredients and simmer about 3minutes.
You'll also love
- Fish and Vegetable Casserole 4.7/5 (74 Votes)
- Harvest Apple Casserole 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Winter Lentil Soup 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Penne or Ravioli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mom’s Meatloaf 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Croustades 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baby/Kid Friendly Vegetable Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Savories- Chicken Lollies 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe