- 2 cups diced turnip
- 2 cups diced carrot
- I/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 8 cups beef stock
- 1 1/4 ounce can whole tomatoes
- 1 1/4 ounce can crushed. tomatoes
- 1 1/4 ounce can red kidney beans
- 1 small can corn niblets
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Sauté turnips, carrots and 2 onions in butter until soft. In a saucepan, combine the lentils and beef stock and cook about 30 minutes, until lentils are soft. In a large stockpot, combine the sautéed vegetables and beefy stock mixture. Add the ingredients and simmer about 3minutes.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.9/5 (438 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.9/5 (310 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Breton Artichoke 3.2/5 (218 Votes)
- Carrots with Curry 5/5 (38 Votes)
- Easy Bean and Pepper Chili 4.1/5 (106 Votes)
- Fish and Vegetable Casserole 4.8/5 (72 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.