These 9 avocado recipes are the fatty answer to your slim prayers
Avocado all day, everyday. Try these 9 recipes featuring the delicious, healthy fat that will help you drop those extra pounds starting now.
Avocado: The good fat that's here to stay
A creamy texture, easy to prepare and chock-full of health benefits? Let's face it, the avocado is here to stay and for good reason. It has the particular advantage of being rich in essential fatty acids, including Omega-3 and Omega-6, and the 'nut' or pit of the avocado can even be used either as is or made into an oil to dress salads.
These mean green fat-fighting machines are also brimming with nutrients, including potassium, magnesium, Vitamin E and Vitamin C. Plus, seeing as it's a vegetable fat, it doesn't contain cholesterol, which makes it a beneficial option for low-cholesterol diets. Its rich fiber content of about 5 grams for every 3 1/2 ounces also helps contribute to the daily recommendation of 25-30 grams per day for people in good health.
In short, its health virtues and satiating qualities should make it your go-to weapon for weight loss, and we've got 9 recipes to get you eating it on the reg'!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!