Bean & Cheese Burritos
Mexican flour tortillas make delicious burritos filled with beans and gooey cheese
- 1 can re-fried beans
- one half of a small onion diced
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 8 oz. block colby or mild cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon oil
- For toppings:
- chopped or shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- mild salsa
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 2mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat oven to 350 degrees while cooking on stove-top. In a frying pan, pour the oil and place onions, cooking over medium heat until brown and soft. Once soft, add in the re-fried beans and heat through. Once all is cooked through, place slightly off center in generous amounts on all tortillas and top with a good portion of the cheese. Fold tortillas into burritos and place on baking sheet.
Put baking sheet with the 8 folded burritos into over for 10 minutes to brown and crisp. When finished baking, layer sour cream, chopped or shredded lettuce, and salsa on top in generous portions.
Enjoy your burritos!
For more texture and added flavor, mix in some whole pinto beans or some ground beef as well with taco seasoning
You'll also love
- Tortilla Taco Casserole 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Nanna's Burritos 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Sausage Burritos 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Mexican Street Corn 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Corn Salsa like Chipotle makes it 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Vegetarian Bean Burritos 2.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Baked Chicken Tortillas 2.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Flour Tortillas 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.