Recipes with flour tortillas - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Spanish Empanadas
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Flour tortillas recipes
Tasty burritos with a Kick
- 1 Pkg Sausage
- 1 pkg Taco mix
- 2 Cans Refried Beans
- 1 Jar Hot sauce
- Bell peppers
Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
Flour tortillas filled with a spicy, creamy chicken mixture are browned until crispy and hot, and cut into wedges t...
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup Pace® Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 flour tortillas (8-inch), warmed
Divide dough into balls and let rise for a few minutes before rolling out and cooking
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. shortening
In a large pan place ground beef and season with paprika, salt, pepper, & garlic powder
- 1 lb of ground beef flour tortillas shredded cheese lettuce tomato onion
Bean & Cheese Burritos
Mexican flour tortillas make delicious burritos filled with beans and gooey cheese
- 1 can re-fried beans
- one half of a small onion diced
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 8 oz. block colby or mild cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon oil
- For toppings:
- chopped or shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- mild salsa
Nothing beats fresh homemade tortillas
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil or margarine
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!