Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
Flour tortillas filled with a spicy, creamy chicken mixture are browned until crispy and hot, and cut into wedges to serve.
- 1 pound skinless
- boneless chicken breast
- cut into cubes
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup Pace® Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 flour tortillas (8-inch)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Cook the chicken in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned and cooked through, stirring often. Stir in the soup, salsa, cheese and chili powder and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
Place the tortillas onto 2 baking sheets. Spread about 1/3 cup chicken mixture on half of each tortilla to within 1/2-inch of the edge. Brush the edges of the tortillas with water. Fold the tortillas over the filling and press the edges to seal.
Bake for 5 minutes or until the filling is hot. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with additional salsa.
Serve with Sour Cream, Salsa and Mexican-style rice with beans. For dessert serve chocolate frozen yogurt.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.