Ave Avocado Dressing
- 1-2 Avocados
- 4 oz. Plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Leek or Shallot
- 1-2 Garlic cloves
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Pit and dice the avocado and place it in a food processor.
Dice the leek or shallot (whatever you have on hand) and dump it in.
Peel the garlic cloves and add them to the mix.
Blend everything together for a bit and notice the consistency.
Squeeze in enough lemon juice to thin out the dressing and to balance out the flavor.
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Serve with salad or crudité.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!