- 1 Cabbage
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- black pepper
- 1 can tomato puree
- celery minced
- 1 pck ground beef
- 1 big onions
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
remove the core of cabbage. place cabbage in pot of boiling salt water.
in a frying pan place oil and add onions garlic paprika mint back pepper oregano minced celery and cook until tender and add ground beef until almost cooked
add uncooked rice and stir add water and let simmer for 10 minutes, set aside.
remove cabbage from water and let cool. then peel the leafs apart and set on tray.
take one leaf and place 2 tbsp of filling and roll and fold tight.
the remaining leafs are used for layering the bottom of casserole dish.
place tomato puree on base and place cabbage rolls in dish, if more then one layer place puree in between layers and place puree on top of the cabbage rolls.
poor warm water into the frying pan that had the filling in it and mix to get the remaining flavors and add salt, poor into cabbage rolls and cover dish.
cook in oven at 350 for about 2 hours or until the water has evaporated.
You'll also love
- Hungarian Zucchini Squash with... 4.4/5 (199 Votes)
- Mint cake 2.6/5 (266 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Iced Melon Soup with Mint Oil and... 3.3/5 (207 Votes)
- Hungarian Goulash 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Spaghetti Sauce 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Cabbage Rolls 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Spinach and Potato Curry 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Fresh Tilapia 1/5 (1 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture