Potato & leek soup recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Potato & leek soup recipes
My Potato Leek Soup
Hearty Simple preperation for any time of year
- 8 Cups Waxy Potatoes (Red, Yukon, New) peeled, small diced
- 1 small onion minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Qts Low Soduim Chicken Stock
- Bay Leaf
- 1 teaspoon White Pepper
- Sea Salt
- 2 leeks, washed, sliced, diced (discard dark green tops)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Sliced Scallions (for garnish)
Classic Potato Leek Soup
1. Sauté leeks and diced onions in butter for about 3 minutes
- 3 medium leeks
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons (25 mL) butter
- 4 medium potatoes
- 4 cups (1 L) poultry stock
- 1-11/2 cups (250-375 mL) cream or milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Potato Bacon & Leek Soup
Mire Poix Peel(Potatoes, Carrots), Wash vegetables
- 5 Carrots
- 3 Onions
- 1 Head Celery
- 3 Leeks
- 6-8 Potatoes
- 1 Package Bacon(Reduced Sodium)
- 1 Bunch Green Onion
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil