Classic Potato Leek Soup
- 3 medium leeks
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons (25 mL) butter
- 4 medium potatoes
- 4 cups (1 L) poultry stock
- 1-11/2 cups (250-375 mL) cream or milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
1. Sauté leeks and diced onions in butter for about 3 minutes.
2. Add chopped potatoes and stock. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
3. Purée in blender or food processor, adding cream or milk and salt and pepper
to taste. Return to pot to heat gently (do not boil).
You'll also love
- Alphabet Soup 4/5 (53 Votes)
- Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy meatloaf 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Austrian Potato Soup with chives 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Stamppot Hutspot 3.9/5 (85 Votes)
- Tomato Basil Tartare on a Bed of... 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Green Bean Soup 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Super Easy Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms 4.3/5 (68 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!