My Potato Leek Soup
Hearty Simple preperation for any time of year.
- 8 Cups Waxy Potatoes (Red
- New) peeled
- small diced
- 1 small onion minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Qts Low Soduim Chicken Stock
- Bay Leaf
- 1 teaspoon White Pepper
- Sea Salt
- 2 leeks
- diced (discard dark green tops)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Sliced Scallions (for garnish)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peek and dice potatoes place in a bowl in hot water with added salt, set aside. Saute onion and leek in oil in a heavy stockpot until translucent. Add potatoes, stock. bay leaf and pepper . Simmer 30 minutes until potatoes are soft. Add water or stock as needed to maintain consistency.
Add heavy cream Puree soup in a blender or use a hand held wand blender to puree.
You'll also love
- Dog-Friendly Baked Potatoes 3.4/5 (202 Votes)
- Winter Warming Leek and Potato Soup 4/5 (89 Votes)
- Beef and Asparagus Stir Fried 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Josh's Pizza Pizzas 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Sunday Soup 4/5 (5 Votes)
- ROASTED RED PEPPER PINWHEELS 4/5 (5 Votes)
- RASPBERRY GOAT CHEESE SQUARES 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!