Potato Bacon & Leek Soup
- 5 Carrots
- 3 Onions
- 1 Head Celery
- 3 Leeks
- 6-8 Potatoes
- 1 Package Bacon(Reduced Sodium)
- 1 Bunch Green Onion
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel(Potatoes, Carrots), Wash vegetables.
Chop Carrots, Celery and Dice Onions
Preheat Stock Pot at high heat, add 3 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil. Add your Mire Poix and sauté for a few minutes then reduce heat and cover.
While sweating the Mire Poix, cook Bacon.
While Bacon is cooking, chop Potatoes, add to Mire Poix. Add water to just above Mire Poix and Potatoes, Add Bacon. Chop and Add the Green Onion. Boil for about 30 mins and then simmer for about 10-20 minutes.
Blend with Immersion Blender, season to taste.
Cut vegetables small for easier blending. Add Old Cheddar to garnish for great flavour
You'll also love
- Potato and Leek Soup 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Basic Homey Meatloaf 4.1/5 (1 Votes)
- Delicious Potato-Zucchini Sauté 2.5/5 (152 Votes)
- Salsa 4/5 (8 Votes)
- Garlic & Parmesan Roasted Potatoes 3.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Super Sticky BBQ Chicken Wings 4/5 (8 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheese Bake 4/5 (8 Votes)
- Weiskraut 4/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!