From my friend Teresa.
- 1 head CABBAGE
- 2 lbs POTATOES
- 2 med ONIONS
- 1 lb BACON
- diced and fried
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Mix up first three ingredients in large pot of water and cook down.
Season to taste.
Makes 4 Quarts
You'll also love
- BAKED SUGAR DOUGHNUTS 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Pineapple Delight 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Mom's Potato Salad 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes with Goat Cheese 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Black Eyed Peas 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Delicious Potato-Zucchini Sauté 2.5/5 (149 Votes)
- Pigs in A Blanket 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cabbage Roll Casserole 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture