- Bag of dried Goya lentils
- Yellow onions
- Vegetable Oil
- Worcestershire sauce (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Caramelize the onions in the bottom of the pot with a touch of oil.
Empty the lentils in the pot with water.
Peel and cut up carrots and dump them into the pot.
Cook until the lentils are a bit mushy with a fork.
Sprinkle salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce in the pot or your bowl.
You'll also love
- The southwestern tamale casserole... 4.3/5 (81 Votes)
- Austrian Potato Soup with chives 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Potato and Leek Soup 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Delicious Chicken Noodle Soup 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Guacamole 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Kayla's Honey Mustard 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cream of Broccoli Soup 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Graw S's Clam chowder 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.