Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 rib of celery diced
- ½ of a small onion diced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 envelope cream of broccoli soup mix located in the produce section
- 10 ounce box of chopped broccoli
- ½ cup of finely shredded Colby Jack cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
In a Dutch oven, sauté butter, celery and onions for five minutes.
Add milk; heat until milk is hot, about 8 minutes
Add broccoli; cook for 15 minutes.
Add cheese; cook for 5 minutes.
Be sure to pick up the regular cream of broccoli soup mix. The version with the powdered cheese will not make a very good soup.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.