Potato and Bacon Tart
- 2 pastry crusts or puff pastry
- 2 lbs potato
- smoked bacon
- sour cream
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
In a pie dish, spread crust.
Deposit a layer of potatoes. Add the bacon, garlic, salt, pepper and butter.
Top with other crust. Brush with an egg yolk. Make a hole in the top of crust and bake.
Cook in a hot oven for 45 minutes
Just before serving, carefully cut around the pie to insert the sour cream.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!