A homemade take on Alpha-Getti !
Suitable for babies 4 months and older
- 1 cup of alphabet shaped pasta noodles
- 1 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 onion (dice into tiny pieces )
- 2 cups of finely grated carrots
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil
- 1 cup of finely grated sweet potato
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
cook pasta as per the instructions on the box
in a large pot on medium heat, add the oil oil and cook the sweet potato, carrot and onion until they are softened (approximately 3-5 minutes)
add in tomatoes and basil , bring to a boil.
reduce heat and let the soup simmer , stir occasionally until the vegetables take on a tender texture (approximately 10- 14 minutes)
remove from heat. add to a food processor or blender and blend/mix until smooth texture is achieved
stir in the alphabet pasta and warm before serving
I like to freeze the left over portions in individual servings so that I always have a back-up !