Making soup with a food processor - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Baked French Croque Monsieurs
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.
Top rated Soup with a food processor recipes
A homemade take on Alpha-Getti ! Suitable for babies 4 months and older
- 1 cup of alphabet shaped pasta noodles
- 1 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 onion (dice into tiny pieces )
- 2 cups of finely grated carrots
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil
- 1 cup of finely grated sweet potato
Italian Caprese Soup
By Ally's Kitchen, Ally's Kitchen
This Caprese Soup is so stinkin’ good! Thick, rich, creamy and fresh~~yes, fresh heirloom tomatoes, and if y...
- What you need:
- 5-7 large heirloom tomatoes (substitution of other fresh tomatoes fine)—when put in food processor you want it to yield about 5+ cups of pureed tomatoes.
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tube concentrated tomato paste
- ½ cup burratta or buffalo mozzarella—creamy mozzarella works best
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 2 tbl dried minced onions
- ½ to ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh basil (divided)
Chilled Peach Soup with Lemongrass, Mint and Goat Cheese
By chefbirdsong, The Front Porch Gourmet
The perfect dish for year-round soup lovers! This chilled soup combines the crisp and cool freshness of spring and ...
- 5 ripe peaches, pitts removed
- 1 small English cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup white Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Half & Half
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. Lemongrass, rough chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint
- 3 tbsp honey
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. scallions or green onion, rough chopped
Classic Potato Leek Soup
1. Sauté leeks and diced onions in butter for about 3 minutes
- 3 medium leeks
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons (25 mL) butter
- 4 medium potatoes
- 4 cups (1 L) poultry stock
- 1-11/2 cups (250-375 mL) cream or milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Creamy Three Cheese and Broccoli Soup
A very rich, creamy soup that is adapted from my great aunts recipe for broccoli and cheese recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon walnut or olive oil
- 1 coarse chopped red onion
- 1 coarse chopped celery stalk remove stringy ribs include some leaves
- 1 coarse chopped carrot
- 2 coarse chopped Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 pounds broccoli stems peeled and florets trimmed and set aside
- 2 1/2 cups homemade or canned vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/2 crumbled goat or feta cheese
- Kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley to garnish top
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!