Potato and Leek Soup with Spinach
- 3 potatoes
- black pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
start by dicing onions leeks some garlic saute in oil until tender
peel and grate three average size potato also saute until tender add three table spoons of butter
black pepper salt garlic powder to taste and water from kettle three quarters of the way up the pot and boil gently until potato is tender and the flavors are married ad more butter and black pepper to taste remember that black pepper is the star spice in this soup when comes to a boil simmer for about twenty minutes
add two large hand fulls of spinach stir and the heat of the soup will wilt and cook the spinach through once again spice to taste add lemon stir and serve
this soup is also good the next day served warm or cooled.
You'll also love
- Potato and Leek Soup 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Winter Warming Leek and Potato Soup 4/5 (89 Votes)
- Fresh Tomato Soup with Gin 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Thiruvaadhirai thaalatham...a gravy 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Corn Meal Dumplings with Ham Hocks 4/5 (22 Votes)
- NO FUSS RISOTTO 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Roasted Potatoes and Carrots 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Stuffed Potatoes 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!