Thiruvaadhirai thaalatham...a gravy
For thiruvaathirai, this is made with kali...a rice pudding
- The number of Vegetables taken are in odd numbers. 7 is the magic number.
- Choices are banana
- pumpkin(sweet and white)
- other root vegetables and taro root(Arbi)- 3 cups
- Steamed tuar dal- 1/4 cup
- Tamarind- 1" ball
- For grinding together:
- Red chillies- 5
- Coriander seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Tuar dal - 1 teaspoon
- Channa dal - 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal - 1 teaspoon
- Sesame seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Shredded coconut - 1 tablespoon
- Raw rice - 1 teaspoon
- For Sauteeing:
- Mustard seeds.
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Grind together the masala
Take 3 extracts from tamarind.
Saute Mustard seeds in oil, add tamarind paste, cooked vegetables and ground paste.
Let it simmer for 5 minutes. Add the steamed dal and cook for another 2 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!