Mussels au Gratin with Mustard
- 2 lbs mussels spain
- 1/2 stalk celery
- 1/2 small onion
- 5 cm of chopped leek
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 cup of aged cheese (Cheddar) grated
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 4mins
Cost Average budget
Rinse the mussels under cold water and ensure that all the shells are tightly closed. Fresh mussels living close again immediately when given a small knife on the shell. Discard any that remain open.
Place the mussels in a casserole with the onion, leek, celery and olive oil. Bring to a high temperature, cover and cook 3-4 minutes.
Shake the pan so the bottom of the mussels are rotated to the surface. Cook again for 3-4 minutes until they are all open.
Preheat grill to 300 °. Retaining only a mussel on half a shell and arrange on a baking dish.
Combine mustard and cheese and spread this mixture over the half-shells.
Broil 3 to 4 minutes in the oven until golden brown and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Fricassee of vegetables and... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Hamburger Mac Combo 4.2/5 (7 Votes)
- Thermomix salsify, carrot and leek... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken and Dumplings Soup 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Cream of Chicken Curry 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken Soup with Orzo 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Clam Chowder 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Tired of not knowing the best way to chop onion? Our video shows you the easiest way to cut an onion. Master this technique and you'll never shed another tear while chopping onions!