Clams in a pie
- 5 medium potatoes (small cubes or slices)
- 1 medium onion
- 4 hard boiled eggs (slice thin)
- 1 dozen clams
- 1/4 stick of margaine (slice thin)
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- salt and pepper cover
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Cover bottom of pie crust with 2 tbsp flour, layer rest of indrg
Put 2 tbsp flour over top of filling and pan and pour rest of clam juice over all
Add top crust
Bake in preheated oven 15 mins at 425° or 25 min at 375°
Salt and pepper to taste
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!