Mussels au gratin recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Mussels au gratin recipes
Mussels au Gratin with Mustard
Rinse the mussels under cold water and ensure that all the shells are tightly closed
- 2 lbs mussels spain
- 1/2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 5 cm of chopped leek
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 cup of aged cheese (Cheddar) grated
Mussels au gratin
By Jolieplantebleue , blog Duo en cuisine
Pour the mussels in a large casserole, add the chopped shallots and white wine, on high heat until they open
- 3 liters of mussels
- 4 shallots
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- The equivalent of one tablespoon of butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream