5-INGREDIENT CHEESE BUNS
It's no secret: cheese and bread were made for each other. And this video shows you just how to combine the 2 in record time! See below for the full recipe.
Servings: 2 buns (can multiply the recipe to serve a crowd)
-1/2 sheet of puff pastry
-1 mini Babybel cheese round
-1 piece of soft, creamy cheese with a bloomy rind, such as Brie or Camembert
-Milk for browning
-Poppy seeds to garnish
- Roll out your sheet of puff pastry onto a piece of wax paper.
- Cut the puff pastry into fourths with a pizza cutter, trimming the curved edges.
- Remove the babybel cheese round from its red wax wrapper, and place it in the center of one piece of puff pastry.
- Wrap the puff pastry up around the cheese completely.
- Repeat with the soft cheese.
- Press down on the seam side of each piece to secure.
- Place the puff pastry-wrapped cheeses onto a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper.
- Brush the tops with milk for browning.
- Sprinkle on some poppy seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 °F.
Want more? Here are 10 more recipes every cheese-lover should know!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.