French Onion Dip
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 onions, minced into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire or soy sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chives, finely chopped, for garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat butter and sauté onions until caramelized.
Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire or soy sauce, salt and pepper.
Fold in onion mixture.
Refrigerate before serving.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Tired of not knowing the best way to chop onion? Our video shows you the easiest way to cut an onion. Master this technique and you'll never shed another tear while chopping onions!