French Onion Dip
Rate this recipe 4/5 (16 Votes)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 onions, minced into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire or soy sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chives, finely chopped, for garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat butter and sauté onions until caramelized.
Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire or soy sauce, salt and pepper.
Fold in onion mixture.
Refrigerate before serving.
You'll also love
- Onion Dip 4/5 (17 Votes)
- Spinach Balls 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Loaded clam dip 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken zopitos 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Warm Potato Salad 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Pumpkin Fruit Dip 4/5 (9 Votes)
- basic white sauce 4/5 (8 Votes)
- Potato and Bacon Tart 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
The best way to chop an onion
Tired of not knowing the best way to chop onion? Our video shows you the easiest way to cut an onion. Master this technique and you'll never shed another tear while chopping onions!
Review this recipe