- 2 pounds of chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 4 to 5 medium potatoes diced 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs chicken bouillon
- 1 pack of mini corn tortillas
- Oil for frying
- Shredded cabbage
- Ground cotija cheese
- Tapatio hot souce (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook chicken in 4 cups of boil water with salt and bay leaf. Shred chicken (keep the chicken broth)
Peal off the skin of potatoes cut in small cubes
Chop onion and tomato small and thin cubes
In a skillet add 1 tbs of oil let heat and add 1/4 of the chopped onion and tomato until onion is transparent, add potatoes salt and ground black pepper to taste mix we'll let cook until potatoes change color almost transparent
Add potato mixture and shredded chicken to the saved broth add oregano and 2 tbs of chicken bouillon and let cook about 10 minutes or until potatoes are fully cooked
Thinly Shred the cabbage.
In skillet heat frying oil add mini tortillas until cooked and soft.* Drain in paper towels to remove excess oil do this for 4-5 tacos per person add chicken mixture in center of tortilla top with onion cotija cheese cabbage and hot souce. Enjoy!!!
*Tortillas can be fried a little longer for better hold
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.