Chicken Tacos with Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 (6 oz) skinless
- boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced peeled mango
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup pre-chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp minced jalapeno pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Combine first 4 ingredients, stir in 1/2 tsp salt. Rub over chicken. Add oil to pan, swirl to coat. Add chicken, cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 1/4 inch thick strips.
While chicken cooks, combine mango and next 6 ingredients (through jalapeno); stir in remaining 1/4 tsp salt.
Heat tortillas according to package directions; top with chicken and salsa.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!