Beef Lettuce Wraps
- cooking spray
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup torn fresh mint
- 1/2 cup matchstick cut English Cucumber
- 1/2 cup torn fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place steak in pan, cook 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; let stand 10 minutes. cut steak diagonally across the grain into think slices.
Combine juice, fish sauce, sugar and jalapeno in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Reserve 4 tsp of juice mixture in a small serving bowl. Pour remaining juice mixture in a large bowl, add steak, tossing to coat. Place 1 1/2 oz of beef in center of each lettuce leaf, top each with 2 Tbsp onion, 2 tbsp mint, 1 tbsp cucumber, and 1 tbsp cilantro. Sprinkle evenly with peanuts; roll up. Serve with reserved juice mixture.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Peruvian Salsa Verde 3.9/5 (34 Votes)
- Corned Beef Hash 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Sauce 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Diver Selected Scallops 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Sticky Chicken Legs 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Bacon wraps 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- All Raw Soup 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Spicy Beef & Rice Lettuce Wrap 3.8/5 (38 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.