Jamaican Flounder with Mango Lime Sauce
- 4 fillets of flounder or other white fish
- 3 tbsp Jamaican jerk spice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 C flour
- 2/3 C mayonnaise
- 2 limes
- 4 tbsp mango preserves
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large skillet, preheat oil over medium heat. Coat fish evenly with Jamaican jerk spice. Dredge fillets in flour.
Place fish in skillet, cooking 5 mins on each side to get a nice crust on the fish.
For the sauce, combine mayo and mango preserves in a small bowl. Zest the limes into the mixture. Juice limes and combine into mixture, stirring well. Chop basil into thin strips and add.
Spoon sauce over fish. Serve with mashed potatoes.
You'll also love
- Chicken salad 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Sauce 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Salmon Casserole 3.8/5 (24 Votes)
- pesto cubes from the garden 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Coastal Coconut Key Lime Coolers 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Fish 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Chicken Tacos with Mango Avocado... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Doc's Santa Fe Fajitas 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.