- 1 kg fish
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 2 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2 - 4 green chilies chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- half lemon
- 1 tbsp katakat masala
- julienne ginger and coriander leaves for garnishing
- Katakat Masala Ingredients
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds roasted
- 2tbsp cumin seeds roasted
- 2tbsp coriander seeds roasted
- 12- 15 dry red chilies roasted
- zafrani garam masala
- zafrani garam masala ingredients
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp green cardamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg and mace powder
- 2 tbsp qasturi methi
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Roast fennel seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and red chilies. Grind it into powder form. Add in 1 tbsp garam masala,1/2 tsp green cardamon powder, 1/4 tsp nutmeg and mace powder, 2 tbsp qasturi methi.
Heat oil. Add chopped onions and 2 tsp ginger and garlic paste, chopped green chilies and chopped coriander leaves. Chop and mash mince with metal spoons (katakat cutlery). Add fish, yogurt and more oil and continue to chop and mince. Add katakat masala, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Stir well. Turn of the heat and cover for 10 - 15 minutes.
Garnish with coriander leaves and julienne ginger.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.