Monkfish Terrine. Discover our recipe.
- 1 monkfish tail 2 1/2 lbs
- 1 1/3 lb cod or whiting fillets
- 1 bunch of tarragon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 oz sorrel leaves
- 1 1/2 cups of bread
- scant cup of milk
- 3 eggs
- scant cup of cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat the oven to 400 °
Peel the monkfish, then filleted along the backbone. Add salt and pepper, drizzle with lemon juice. Reserve.
Cut the cod fillets into pieces. Mash them with a mixer.
Soak bread in milk, then drain. Mix the breadcrumbs with mashed fish. Add eggs, sour cream, tarragon, finely chopped. Add salt, pepper and a dash of nutmeg.
Wrap the monkfish fillets in sorrel leaf.
Butter a casserole dish and fill with half of the mixture. Arrange the monkfish fillets and cover with remaining mixture. Cover the terrine.
Put in a water bath and bake in oven 50 minutes.
It is better to prepare this fish terrine the day before.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Cold Fish Buffet - Lobster Platter 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Fish and Vegetable Casserole 4.7/5 (73 Votes)
- Baked Lemon Chicken 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cod Fillets using Ritz Cracker... 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Cheesy Pork Chops 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Meatballs 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Mushrooms for Easter 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Cilantro Fish 3.2/5 (193 Votes)