Cooking with lime preserves - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Lime preserves recipes
Jamaican Flounder with Mango Lime Sauce
In a large skillet, preheat oil over medium heat
- 4 fillets of flounder or other white fish
- 3 tbsp Jamaican jerk spice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 C flour
- 2/3 C mayonnaise
- 2 limes
- 4 tbsp mango preserves
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
Hate water? Then this drink is for you!
By Pascale Weeks
We found the 10 most beautiful fruit and detox waters you'll ever find on Pinterest!
Christmas Spiced Zucchini Jam
The day before, place in a pan, zucchini cut into small pieces, lemon pulp, zest, cinnamon and whole vanilla bean ...
- 2-3 lbs zucchini, unpeeled but cored
- 3.5 oz dried apricots cut into 4
- 3.5 oz raisins blond
- 2.5 cups preserving sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 lime zest and pulp separate
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spice