The best lime cake recipes - 4 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: lime
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Lime cake recipes
Coconut Lime Pound Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- For The Cake:
- ½ cup (one stick) butter (softened)
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt (may sub sour cream)
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- zest of 2 limes
- juice of 1 lime
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- For The Glaze:
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1-1½ tablespoons heavy cream (or half and half or other milk)
- optional: shredded coconut
SOLVED: How to crack open a coconut
Learn how to crack open a coconut, the easy way!
Strawberry Margarita Cheesecake Bars
Cocktail party desert, fun zest on cheesecake
- 1 package Pillsbury® Ready To Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1 1/2 packages (8-oz size) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup strawberry tequila drink mix with real fruit
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel, if desired
- 1 teaspoon orange juice or orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, if desired
Hate water? Then this drink is for you!
By Pascale Weeks
We found the 10 most beautiful fruit and detox waters you'll ever find on Pinterest!
Lemon Lime Cheesecake
This fresh, citrusy cake needs no baking- not even the crust
- 1- 1/2 cups shortbread cookies
- 1/3 cup butter. melted
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 lemon rind, curl
- 1 lime rind, curl
Key Lime Cheesecake Bars-No Bake
In small bowl combine graham crackers, margarine, and sugar
- 6 squares low-fat honey graham crackers, finely crushed (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 4 ounce package sugar-free low-calorie lime-flavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 16 ounce container fat-free cottage cheese (1-3/4 cups)
- 1 8 ounce container fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 8 ounce container frozen fat-free whipped dessert topping, thawed
- Key Limes or limes, cut in wedges (optional)