Strawberry Margarita Cheesecake Bars
Cocktail party desert, fun zest on cheesecake.
- 1 package Pillsbury® Ready To Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1 1/2 packages (8-oz size) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- room temperature
- 1/2 cup strawberry tequila drink mix with real fruit
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- if desired
- 1 teaspoon orange juice or orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- if desired
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
With floured fingers, break up cookie dough into pan; press evenly in bottom to form crust. Bake 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven; cool 10 minutes.
While crust is cooling, in medium bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on medium to high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time on medium speed until well blended. Add remaining ingredients; beat until smooth, scraping down side of bowl occasionally.
Pour cream cheese mixture over cooled baked crust; spread evenly with spatula.
Bake 40 to 50 minutes longer or until sides of cheesecake are firmly set but center jiggles slightly, checking doneness at 35 minutes. (Cheesecake center will firm up during cooling.) Cool about 2 hours or until completely cooled.
Refrigerate bars at least 5 hours or overnight before serving for best results. With warm wet knife, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store in refrigerator.
For a more family friendly treat, feel free to omit the tequila and replace the orange liqueur with orange juice.
Garnish with fresh strawberries, lime zest and a sprinkle of sea salt for an authentic margarita feel.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Recipe for chocolate-covered... 4.4/5 (90 Votes)
- Cheesecake 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- American Sweet Potato Pie 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Passion Fruit and Strawberry Creme... 4.1/5 (59 Votes)
- Apple McIntosh Cake 3.7/5 (69 Votes)
- Cheesecake 3.8/5 (54 Votes)
- Mini Blue Berry Cheesecakes 4/5 (39 Votes)
- Strawberry-Blueberry Pancakes 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This no-bake dessert is so quick, so easy, and oh so delicious!
- 12 strawberries
- 8 oz cream cheese (1 package)
- 1/2 cup powedered sugar
- 4 small graham crackers
- Hull the strawberries.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar.
- Fill each strawberry with the cheesecake filling.
- Smash the graham crackers and sprinkle on top.
- Serve and enjoy!