- 2 cups blueberries
- rinsed and carefully drained
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- dash of vanilla extract (½ teaspoon)
- 1 large egg (or 2 medium)
- ½ stick butter
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 400°
Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large bowl
Melt butter, and set aside to cool to just above room temp.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then add the milk and vanilla
Pour a tiny bit of the melted butter into the egg-vanilla-milk mixture and stir it in. Repeat 3-4 more times, adding a slightly larger amount of the liquid butter each time until it is all incorporated.
*Do not add HOT melted butter to the egg mixture as the heat from the butter would cook the egg, and that's not what you want to do
Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ones and mix no more than ten seconds. The batter should be visibly lumpy. That's OK! It's extremely important not to over mix the batter, or the resulting muffins will be too hard.
Toss blueberries with a little bit of flour to coat.
Gently fold the blueberries into the batter. Then carefully spoon the batter into a greased and floured muffin pan (or you can use paper muffin liners) and bake immediately.
Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean
You'll also love
- Rava Kichidi Chennai Style 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Coconut Protein Brownies 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Scalloped 2 Potato Gratin 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Blueberry Cream Cheesecake 4/5 (44 Votes)
- Egg omelet 3.4/5 (92 Votes)
- Easy Crustless Spinach Quiche 4.1/5 (41 Votes)
- Strawberry Layer Cake with Cream 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Sauce Muffins and ... 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!