lemon blueberry muffins
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1&1/2 tblsp lemon juice
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1&1/2 cups flour
- 1cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together sugar and egg and lemon juice.
Add baking powder and soda and salt. Mix well.
Stir in flour. Add blueberries and mix lightly.
Line muffin tins with paper liners and fill each one near to the top.
Bake in oven for 1/2 hour or longer.
Can be frozen after baking in tightly sealed container or in freezer bags.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Named for the famous ballerina Anna Pavlova, this delicate lemon pavlova is simply divine.
- Confectioner's sugar
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Separate egg yolks and whites
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites
- Add confectioner's sugar
- Distribute on baking pan and flatten center lightly with a spoon
- Bake for 30 minutes at 250 degrees
- While that's baking, squeeze fresh lemon juice into a bowl
- Add egg yolks, sugar, and flour then whisk together
- Add butter and whisk again
- Take the merigues out of the oven once they're ready
- Spoon the filling into the center of the meringues
- Grate lemon rind and sprinkle the zest over the top of the pavlovas